- What’s happening with the rent at Entrakt?
- Newline Ghent (3-5/09)
- Software Freedom Day (18/09)
- Tech with kids
- Next up: kids with their projects
- (19/09): working with greenscreen, digital puppeting, stop motion video. (up to 12 kids/participants + parents) - obviously the space is open for all.
- Working on the website
- next week: adding content (basics)
- interest for a hackathon on tweaking/improving the site?
Extra rent - discount on rent
- A few months back, Entrakt issues a Corona discount to all members. Now Entrakt is claiming back the discount for those months.
- When lockdown ended, we started paying the full rent again (despite no mail terminating the discount was received)
- Entrakt is currently sending invoices to all tenants, reclaiming a part of the discounted rent.
- Wouter will contact Entrakt to listen on what and how.
- When? 3-4-5 September
- Jurgen (2 days)
- Fred & Anita
- Mowzes (5th) depending on quarantaine rules at that moment
Software Freedom Day
Prepearations are ongoing.
- OpenStreetmap Belgium announced to give a talk, but did not confirm their presence or talk yet.
- 2 Cool talks on FreeCAD (101 and Python scripting) by hackerspace member Kai and Yorik
- Wouter is going to record all talks, and recordings will be made available afterwards. Day ends with an OBS workshop by Wouter
- Workshop on using Inkscape to create a small design for the laser cutter
- Jonny will give a talk too, topic is not yet confirmed.
Jurgen will reach out to the FreeCAD, OBS and Inkscape community
Tech with kids
Next up: kids with their projects (opening the space for kids to work on their own projects)
(19/09): working with greenscreen, digital puppeting, stop motion video. (up to 12 kids/participants + parents) - obviously the space is open for all.
Working on the website
Extra moment: 18:00 - basic intro to GIT (version control, underlying system behind the website). Small introduction on how to add content to the website (Hugo) in 2 weeks (17/08). This way, everyone can add content.
Is there interest for a few sessions on tweaking/improving the site? We could learn the basics of Hugo and what an how to add/change features.
New location - status update
- Forest: there is very much work and no certainty there is a place for us. We don’t think we can commit to that.
- St Gillis: this location is reserved for artists. A requirement from the city is that there are no computers there.