Welcome in our space! Drinks are cold, the soldering iron hot! Respect each other and be excellent.
Being a space member has benefits but of course also some responsibilities.
– With great power comes great responsibility.
- 24/7 access
- Every member always has access to the space.
- Member storage
- Every member can get a member shelf AKA a drawer, to store personal stuff.
- A personal Nextcloud account with 1GB storage space by default
- There are no passengers on this ship, only crew members.
- We are explorers, no pirates.
- Upon leaving the ship, clean your spot, and the spot next to you.
- Drinks are in the fridge, they are cool, cheap and help us stay afloat.
- Respect fellow members, their privacy and hardware.
- Communication generally works better than conflict.
- The guy/girl mopping the deck deserves more respect than the non-existing captain.
- Sharing is good, share your knowledge, creativity, hardware and code.
- Respect is not enforced, it is earned.
- Parrots have no original thoughts. Think, don’t be a parrot.
- Truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Most issues aren’t binary anyway. Requantize.
- Last but foremost: Be excellent to eachother.
– From https://wiki.hsbxl.be/Patterns
Steps on becoming a member
- Come over for TechTuesday a few times. Get to know some members, talk about your interests.
- Fill out the membership form.
- Find 2 sponsors to sign your membership form.
- Once processed, you will receive a welcome mail with paying instructions.
- Once we receive your payment, will get access to the .
Yes. As much as we would like otherwise,
we need to pay bills to keep the ship afloat.
That’s why we ask a membership fee of minimum €30 a month.
In reality we need about €40 a month to break even, that’s your choice.
What are our fixed costs?
- Rent: €975/month
- Heating: +- €225/month
- Insurance: ?/year
- Legal costs (ex. statute changes): +- €100/year
Further we have nice tools and spend money at keeping it that way.
Just stating the obvious
- a hackerspace is not a meetup place for criminals (don’t ask us to hack the account of your ex).
- local law is also applicable here. Don’t break it.