Context and background
Let’s set up a server running Nextcloud and Collabora Office inside the space. This will allow for:
- easily sharing documents
- creating project documentation that can then be shared publicly
- create spin-off applications that interact with a nextcloud ecosystem. Think of a
sports tracker(who are we kidding?) shopping list app that stores its data in a nextcloud folder instead of a centralized service)
- see if we can do something with the SOLID concept that the Flemish government is working on (decentralized cryptographically safe storage of your personal information). There exists a rudimentary POC for SOLID inside Nextcloud. Can we set up our own pods and maybe even learn some things along the way?
Jurgen has set up Nextcloud on a local computer in the past - it’s not that hard.
You can find documentation in our cloud (let’s dogfood this):
- There’s an internal link for editors
- There’s a public link if you want to follow along.
As soon as this project reaches a (more or less) static state, it can easily be converted into webpages (as the content is plain markdown).