basically it's a live camera, mounted & focused onto the desk, well lit. magnifying the picture +- x10. the touchscreen interface allows easily taking snapshots (which are available/browseable through web-interface, on the local network at HSBxl http://192.168.42.44)
it's great a great way to read text on pcb's, smd resistors, use as a soldering loupe, document some reverse engineering effort etc.
in case you're interested in working on it: ask a user account to ptr_
more (sub)pages, documentation etc.
parent=SolderStation showparent=no sort=desc sortby=title liststyle=unordered showpath=yes kidsonly=yes debug=0
have a look to our latest additional tool: the SolderStation
- 16mm camera lens (pas-tek )
- a firewire camera (imagingsource DMK21F04 640x480) -- greyscale only... (color would be nice, but we ain't got that around) (ptr_)
- 2 halogen spots + transfo's(harvested)
- pc with firewire card (hsb, donated)
- elo touchscreen monitor (hsb, donated)