Looking for good solutions to host our own stuff. Email, files, music, bookmarks, contacts, you name it. There are a lot of possibilities, but I want good integration with all my appliances, like my phone or tablet.
Ow, and of coarse we want everything to be free software.
What do we wanna host?
Hosting your own mailserver has the problem that most ISP providers block port 25, which we need.
Let's list all Belgian ISP's:
- Belgacom: Blocked on router, but you can forward it apparently in your bbox settings. To be confirmed.
- Telenet: Block
- Voo: ?
- Numericable: ?
- Scarlet: ?
Another problem is dynamic IP addresses. You need a fixed IP, or at least a dynamic IP setup for running your own mailserver.
Askarel made his own dynamic IP script, which is running for the hsbxl.be domain name. See https://github.com/askarel/dynaname
Mailpile is a self-hosted web mail client, or a 'experimental indexing and search engine for e-mail', as their github page states.
- Website: https://www.mailpile.is
- Demo: https://www.mailpile.is/demos/
- Code: https://github.com/pagekite/Mailpile
- Wiki: https://github.com/pagekite/Mailpile/wiki/Getting-started
- Darwin Calendar Server
Articles about calendar solutions
ownCloud provides universal access to your files via the web, your computer or your mobile devices — wherever you are. It also provides a platform to easily view & sync your contacts, calendars and bookmarks across all your devices and enables basic editing right on the web.
Let's meet and share our knowledge.
- Saturday 15 march, 14:00 - 18:00 Self-hosted/meetup-15-march