ideas for PR material:
- A4 poster, with tear-off leaflets with contact info -- proposal : down here on the page
we can distribute it on the public announcement boards at VUB (or other engineering schools, though on the poster it says "tram23,24 from VUB...")
what should be on it
- "we seek members"
- the address (physical & web)
- our mascot (norbert wiener with his brainmachine)
- our agenda
- what we stand for
- i think we are the only organisation in brussels who stands for the hacker ethics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_ethic
- Access to computers should be unlimited and total. Always yield to the Hands-On Imperative!
- All information should be free
- Mistrust authority—promote decentralization
- Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not criteria such as degrees, age, race, sex, or position.
- You can create art and beauty on a computer..
- Computers can change your life for the better.
These two are an addenum of the CCC and more than valid these days...
- Don't litter other people's data.
- Make public data available, protect private data.