From Hackerspace Brussels
Good rules make good Friends. Every member should at least have read it once, to avoid misunderstandings.
- If you come in, say hi
- It's good that we know who is who, and who is here.
- If you invite non members, you are host
- This means you are responsible. If you leave, they leave. Or at least ask other members if it is OK for them to take over responsibility.
- If you leave, clean your spot, and the spot next to you
- Empty bottles go in the crates. Running projects should be in your member storage.
- If you leave, close the door behind you
- If you have troubles with it, ask help.
- sleeping at the space is last resort
- only to be done if you are working at the space and cant make it home
- There are no passengers on this ship
- only crew members.
- We are explorers
- not pirates.
- Drinks are in the fridge
- They are cool, cheap, and help us to stay afloat.
- fellow members, their privacy, and their equipment.
- generally works better then conflict.
- The guy/girl mopping the floor
- deserves more respect than the non-existing captain.
- Sharing is good
- share your knowledge, creativity, hardware, and code.
- Respect is not enforced
- it is earned.
- Parrots have no original thoughts
- Think, don't be a parrot.
- Truth is usually somewhere in the middle
- Most issues aren't binary anyway. Requantize.
- Be excellent to each other.