We drag a lot of l00t to our space, things we found, things that get thrown out at work, gadgets ppl got bored of etc.
- network switches : lot of 16+ ports 3com gear
- some cisco routers (2600, 3600)
- electronic components (74HC series)
- MIPS dev board
- SUN SPARC (ultrasparc V)
- HP PA-RISC (b1000, c3000 systems)
- ethernet cables (TP, cat5)
Put contact details + what y're searching for
- your name - stuff wanted
- Is all electronic trash welcome or is there already abundance for some things? I definitely have some good
A hackerspace gets a lot of hardware donations, not all of these are immediately useful for a local hackerspace, and just collect dust and take valuable real-estate space.
So: why not create a website which maps demand & availability for this hardware and gives ppl an easy way to search for needed hardware (and spaces an great way to get rid of stuff)
Hackerspaces are a great community to kickstart this. Hackerspaces...
- are quite well connected to other spaces, people travelling from one to another
- have a local tech community behind them
- tend to collect quite some junk (== Just UNallocated but oK)
Anybody in for a hack-a-thon to think this idea through / create a first tryout for it?
Also check existing projects like