Become a member
(Thx to Noisebridge for their good content!)
(Please do not edit this page without a consensus decision, we had a consensus-agreement on it techtue15 July21nd2009. So to change it, bring up your desired changes at a meeting !)
How to become a member of Hacker Space Brussels
- Make sure your e-mail address is NOT hosted by Microsoft (hotmail/outlook/live)
Our mail server is blacklisted at Microsoft for arbitrary reason because they have blacklisted the whole IP range of our hosting provider
- fill out top of the form
- put the form in the "new members" box
- each meeting the applications are read out of the box
- a month passes, during which the applicant gets 2 sponsors (=dudes who are already member and trust you around) to sign their form
- after this month, the applicant is approved by the general membership. at that point they fill out the bottom third of the form.
- the new member gives the treasurer their dues, and the secretary the form
During the month, anyone can look in the box at the names. If an existing member has a problem with one of the applicants, they should take time during that month to try and resolve the problem. They may ask another member to be a proxy for them to either help resolve the problem (preferred) or to voice their objection at the approval meeting.
The membership form may be downloaded here. There are also copies at the space. The membership box is located in the library.
How to leave Hacker Space Brussels
See Cancel membership.
How to remove a member of Hacker Space Brussels